about the space
The Green Room studio at 62 Bow Street, Somerville, offers a convenient, bright, climate-controlled space for private and group lessons, lectures, meetings, and recitals, with many possible configurations for the space. Facilities include:
- a 500 square foot space, including a central room, office and restroom.
- a professional-quality Baldwin M-series baby grand piano.
- a ceiling-mounted projector with laptop compatibility for presentations and film screenings.
- a 5-foot by 7.5-foot wall-mounted mirror.
- a full-size Clavinova keyboard with weighted keys, transposition, and other features.
- free wireless internet access.
*please note that we have had to remove our PA system from the space. The Green Room regrets that we are no longer able to permit microphone use.
Anney and Michael Barrett, proprietors
Somerville residents Anney and Michael Barrett are both professional musicians and teachers. For years we've been thinking about having a space we could use for our own teaching and could share with local artists. As luck would have it, a space became available right in our neighborhood, and we're delighted to share our new venture with you!
directions and parking
address: 62 Bow Street, Somerville MA, 02143
public transportation: Union Square is accessible by many MBTA bus lines.
by foot or by bike: The Green Room is a 25-minute walk from Harvard, Porter, or Central Square - and an even shorter bike ride!
parking: Street parking is available for two-hour increments for non-Somerville residents. There is also metered parking on Bow Street and nearby Somerville Avenue.