about the space
The Green Room studio at 62 Bow Street, Somerville, offers a convenient, bright, climate-controlled space for private and group lessons, lectures, meetings, and recitals, with many possible configurations for the space. Facilities include:
- a 500 square foot space, including a central room, office and restroom.
- a professional-quality Baldwin M-series baby grand piano.
- a ceiling-mounted projector with laptop (PC and Macintosh) compatibility for presentations and film screenings.
- a Kustom One PA system with five-channel mixer and two speaker boxes
- complimentary coffee, tea, and filtered water.
- a 5-foot by 7.5-foot wall-mounted mirror.
- a full-size Clavinova keyboard with weighted keys, transposition, and other features.
- Historical instruments including an original Broadwood piano from 1830 and an Italian harpsichord built by Peter Sykes.
- free wireless internet access.
Anney and Michael Barrett, proprietors
Somerville residents Anney and Michael Barrett are both professional musicians and teachers. For years we've been thinking about having a space we could use for our own teaching and could share with local artists. As luck would have it, a space became available right in our neighborhood, and we're delighted to share our new venture with you!
directions and parking
address: 62 Bow Street, Somerville MA, 02143
public transportation: Union Square is accessible by many MBTA bus lines.
by foot or by bike: The Green Room is a 25-minute walk from Harvard, Porter, or Central Square - and an even shorter bike ride!
parking: Street parking is available for two-hour increments for non-Somerville residents. There is also metered parking on Bow Street and nearby Somerville Avenue.